Peter is an Associate member of the ACFE and a member of the ICFP and registered and certified member of PSIRA. He is a widely respected international figure who has a large range of skills and qualifications specialising in translating global security strategy into tactical security plans, by developing and supporting risk management, intelligence and situational awareness systems, growing the technical knowledge and practice development within an existing knowledge base.
He began his corporate journey in executive management in law enforcement, including SAPS, Scorpions and the SIU. He further guided project-based forensic and organised crime investigation environments as well as corporate operations in start-up and large-scale operations in business.
Peter is more specifically known for his roles to spearhead the motivation of no less than 16 Presidential proclamations to investigate fraud, corruption and maladministration in Government. Peter earned recognition as an expert by the United Nations bodies, UNODC, UNICRI, INTERPOL and ISPAC and partook in expert working groups related to transnational organised crime and corruption and has participated in international symposiums.
He was appointed as a Senior Fellow in 2015-2016 by UNICRI and holds over 37 years of experience in the relevant business sectors.
1 Mar 2004 to 18 September 2012 Special Investigating Unit (established in terms of the Special Investigating Units and Special Tribunals Act 74 of 1996)
• Position: Projects Director: Head of Operations (Executive member)
• Security clearance: Confidential (Previous Top Secret clearance)
15 Jun 2000 to Feb 2004 Directorate of Special Operations, Gauteng (Scorpions)
• Lead Investigator: Sub-Unit within Gauteng Regional Office
• RANK: Senior Special Investigator
• Security clearance: Top Secret
Jan 1994 to Feb 2000 Cash Paymaster Services (PTY) Ltd
• Provincial Manager – North West Province (Senior Management)
• Manager: Special Investigation and Security (Senior Management – National & Namibia)
• Branch Manager: Operations
• Manager: Special Investigation (National)
• Manager: Internal Audit, Special Investigation and Administration (Senior Management –National)
Jan 1981 to Dec 1993 Detective Captain, South African Police Service
• Amanzimtoti Detective Branch
• Durban Murder and Robbery Unit
• Durban Organised Crime Unit